Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Baking Day :)












All the ingredients needed to bake Double Chocolate Cookies.








Steps unnecessarily tO follow :
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Lightly grease two baking sheets. Cream the butter with the sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well.
2. Sift the flour over the mixture and fold in lightly with a metal spoon, then add the oats and chopped plain and white chocolate and stir until evenly mixed.
3. Place small spoonfuls of the mixture in 18-20 rocky heaps on the prepared baking sheets, leaving space for spreading.* we didn't really leave space, den our cookies all hold hands together, cute ne! *
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until beginning to turn pale golden. Cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. DONE!!!
Kim, Ping n I were newbies in baking. Forgot to take our sensei's pic... she was washing stuff right behind us, c her? hahaha

As I mentioned in the previous post, I was trying to find things to do, try to make myself busier.
Yaya, I baked ! It's easy though, hahaha, coz LaySim guide us all the time. Arigatou! and we made her kitchen messy.... hahaha.

Though it's our 1st time. Mission considered succeed!!!! Hoooray!!! Frankly, it's a bit too sweet. We added too much sugar? or the person who bakes is too sweet? =.=

Besides, we used the ingredients left to bake cake!
Carrot Cake!

This cake is much more easier than the cookies, and it took shorter time to bake. Although it's called carrot cake, but cant really feel the carrot's existence... Kim pop-up with a 'brilliant' ideas which she always does." ah , why don't we squeeze the carrot into juice 1st? then only add into the cake?" she got 3 pairs of eyes staring at her as reply after this sentence. hahaha. But she's really creative, isn't she? :)
We spent the whole afternoon in the kitchen. It's a bit tiring but fun.
My mum told my dad," ur gal noe how to bake woh, u must try ya." Then my dad keep on saying the cookies is nice. :) * my daddy wont tells lies oh. *
Ok la, my lunch for the coming few hours will b the cookies ! Cookies dear, wait for me ya! :D

5 comments:

YY Kong said...

I wanna try~~~!!!! save some for me? or maybe make some for me next time~ XD

Teapot Rika said...

YiNKy >haha, left 2 pieces only...dunno loon2 will finish it anot... but not as nice as ur mum bake one,too sweet >.<

YY Kong said...

aiyo.... 1st time is like tat de la... better than me la... XD

Anonymous said...

y put my pic la?so ugly u know..macam aunty --' ..put your leng lui pic thr ma..
yeah..tmr we gonna bake again..hopefully my microwave can bake la..if not have to depend on that small oven liao lo..

Teapot Rika said...

kim > noler, this pic berry nice woh! Cheh, the sunlight so bright,can really c ur face la. =.= hahaha.
yaya,sure will success de! God bless~~~ :)