Monday, January 21, 2008


You can always skip this post, because this would be my longest post ever. You won't wanna read something that's boring to you, you don't have to..... BUT, if you're curious, just go ahead and read! -_______________-

Have you ever tried to host a radio programme before? I just tried, few hours ago. It's one of our assignments for my radio production course. We did it in a group of 3 peoples, in Putra Fm studio, UPM. You can always tune in and listen via http://www.putrafm.upm.edu.my/ , but NOT now la, there has nobody working there at this hour.

I never been to other radio stations before, so I don't know whether the audio system and other equipment in Putra fm are professional enough. I would wanna pay a visit to Mixfm if I have the opportunity, coz I love the MixBreakfast show hosted by Ika, Serena C and Pietro. They never failed to make me laugh whenever I tune in to their programme....

ok, back to the topic. We didn't really accept any professional training before this show, but there're 2 kind PutraFm deejays taught us the basic skills to manage the sounds system, how to talk like a deejay, rules and all that. We actually got the chance to speak to the listeners live on last friday before we go for our own show, during Kak Urmi's (sorry if I misspell) Double @ Putra segment....

Well, seriously, I don't think many people know about putra fm, many of my friends don't even know the existence of this station. Hence, I'm not worry there'll be someone I really know listen to my programme. -_____- I'm weird enough, normally people will want their friends to listen.

okok, we talked about blogging in our 1 hour programme today. We've invited 2 guests to join our discussion, Irene (a Master student from UM) and fook soon ( our friend). Of course, both of them are blogger. Wanna thank you guys for coming. =)

Well, it's our 1st time doing this kind of thing, we did mess up a bit, like I forgot to turn off DJ mic when we playing song and we started chatting, what we've said already air through the radio waves and safely reach to the listeners out there~~~ wtf. We turn the notebook off when we actually need it to play our jingle, there's a gap there, sweat sweat.

Perhaps, these kind of technical problems would happen during everyone's 1st time? I guess? hmmmm, and the programme was done in english, due to my english speaking ability which is as low as a primary student, =.= I found that I can't voice out the words I wanna say in a smooth and complete sentence, this really frustrated me, alot... my partner, Phoebe, had done a great job. She do has the potential to be a deejay. =D Dear, you've found your way!!!! your future career!! hahaha, I remember you told us before that you wanna to be a deejay. You are now one step nearer to your dream! Keep it up! I have faith in you.

One of our question that we asked was what motivates you to continue blogging? well, I've thought of it when we asked our guests. Their answer were the feedbacks and comments from readers. Ya, Im totally agree with them, if people leave you comments, means there are somebody reading your blog!!! comments meant alot for a blogger, at least for me. hahaha. Ano, another reason for me to continue blogging was I'll feel more comfortable to release my anger here, and to reach my emotional satisfaction. -__________- I also don't know what Im saying.

Anyway, this is a great experience for me, to learn new thing and to know myself more. I've discovered a bad side of me today after the show. I felt uneasy after the show, I don't think I've done a good job, I know I can do it better, and Im actually jealous that my friend done it better than me. T____________T how come I got such thinking? I shouldn't think that way, I'm so ashame and guilty to think like this. sorry. Ok, I'll improve myself instead of live under jealousy.

This is just the beginning of the assignment, we have 1 more live programme to come after CNY, and have to start recording radio advertisement from tomorrow. >___________<>
OKAY, I know I am cheong hei enough. Ill stop here. I shall go take shower now. Bye.

3 comments:

Ks said...

well, actually you've done a great job today, you are doing it first time, i do think it's good. Keep it up yo, improve from experience and mistakes...you are better than what you think ...

Anonymous said...

haiyooo...i forgot to bring my earphone with me to uni yesterday...aiihhh missed ur programme..hopefully i will be able to listen to ur programme after cny..but today i tried to tune in cannot le..maybe my hp cant detect that fm =.=''

Teapot Rika said...

calvin > Thanks for your support! T_____________________T

kim > girl, only Serdang area can tune in.... have to log in to the webpage to listen ler, don't blame your hp. =)

I'll inform you to log in for my coming live programme. =D